What we do
Facilities Information Systems supports the following building systems:
Siemens/Apogee HVAC monitoring system, SimplexGrinnel fire alarm system and has worked with Facilities Management and Operations to implement the elevator monitoring system. We also provide CAD/CAFM, network and workstation support, training and asset management.
The major goals of our unit are:
- Develop a highly effective, reliable, efficient, innovative, interoperable infrastructure and asset management systems.
- Promote the use and integration of technology for the growing Facilities work force.
- Secures and provided controlled access to Facilities enterprise and University core systems.
- Facilitate the collection, storage and integrity of data and information.
- Consists of a diverse team of professionals whom are service-oriented, flexible, knowledgeable, proactive and reliable.
Team Facilities Information Systems (FIS) mission is to proficiently develop, promote, secure and facilitate the use of technology and the flow of information throughout Facilities Management Services Division and the Georgia State University community.