FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Building Services is the largest unit in Facilities. We provide proactive, customer-driven service to the University community in support of the overall University mission.
The major goals of our unit are:
- Providing facility cleaning and maintenance
- Maintaining University grounds and property exteriors
- Constantly discovering new ways of satisfying the customer
- Promoting a healthier environment through sustainability
- Developing top performers through value-added training and development
- Creating and maintaining an inclusive work environment
- Pursuing excellence with unmatched passion and determination
There is no charge for using tables and chairs when University events are held before 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. After 4:00 p.m. on weekdays, and all day on weekends, there is an overtime fee (exceptions: Convocation, graduation) which is charged to the requesting department's speedcode.
If you are requesting a small waste basket for your office or cubicle, or a larger 23 gallon can for your area, we stock these in-house and can provide them for you. Contact our Customer Service Center at 3-0700 to request. We do not supply 32 gallon or larger sizes.
Yes. We are responsible for all campus facilities except housing. Contact the Facilities Customer Service Center at 3-0700 and place your request. The representative will take your request(s), give you a work order #, and contact the appropriate unit in Building Services.