Below is the full Master Plan Update:
The primary objective of the Physical Master Plan Update is to support the goals of the university’s Strategic Plan and the goals and aspirations of Georgia State faculty, staff, and students as expressed through interviews and Sasaki’s online MyCampus survey. The Strategic Plan goals are to:
- Become a national model for undergraduate education by demonstrating students from all backgrounds can achieve academic and career success at high rates.
- Significantly strengthen and grow the base of distinctive graduate and professional programs that assure development of the next generation of researchers and society leaders.
- Become a leading public research university addressing the most challenging issues of the 21st century.
- Be a leader in understanding the complex challenges of cities and developing effective solutions.
- Achieve distinction in globalizing the university
In addition to addressing the Strategic Plan goals, the Master Plan Update attends to a number of goals articulated by the university’s faculty, staff, and students. These include a strong desire for physical improvements that ultimately reinforce the campus’s sense of place—more convenient, safe, and attractive pedestrian connections between campus facilities, green campus landscape spaces, communal study and social spaces outdoors and within buildings, high quality classroom and laboratories, and improved student life facilities.