Maintenance & Operations
|GSU Campus||Organizational Chart|
|Main Campus||M&O Organization Chart|
|Satellite Campuses||Perimeter College Organization Chart|
The purpose of Facilities Maintenance and Operations (FM&O) is to create an environment within the University facilities that sustains teaching, scholarship and research; to maintain safe and efficient building systems by performing quality, cost effective maintenance and repair in an environmentally responsible manner; and to create a culture that values each employee, uses their individual talents and skills to the fullest and provides opportunities for professional growth.
In measurable terms, FM&O strives to bring the university facilities to level II of “Comprehensive Stewardship” as defined by the Association of Physical Plant Administrators.
Our aim is to create a culture that values each employee, uses their individual talents and skills to the fullest and provides opportunities for professional growth.
The major goals of our unit are:
- Maintain and repair all interior and exterior building systems
- Provide engineering solutions for utility, mechanical and electrical systems
- Administer the facility condition assessment database
- Provide recommendations for long range planning and major system replacement
- Monitor utility consumption and recommend energy conservation projects
- Manage utility contacts including participation in contract negotiations
- Develop solutions to unique facility problems associated with university operations
- Develop budget estimates for contract maintenance and repair services
- Develop plans for retirement of deferred maintenance through Major Repair and Renovation Funding MRRF request.